Thank you for your interest in South Church’s high school mission trip to Keezletown, Virginia! Our trip is April 13th-20th.
Alternate Spring Break 2019
THINGS TO BRING (April climate in VA will be similar to Andover)
(Feel free to check the forecast for the week – Keezletown, VA. Casual clothes: comfortable for traveling, after hours (respect conservative dress code: no offensive T-shirts, short shorts, halter tops or cut off shirts/ shorts etc.)
- Dress clothes: The Sunday worship service is a bit more formal than South Church’s normal Sunday worship -Girls: skirt (not mini, Knee length)/dress pants -Boys: collared shirt/slacks (no jeans), tie is optional.
- Flip Flops (for the shower) and a bath robe (optional)
- Hat (to keep the sun off your head), sunscreen and insect repellent, sunglasses.
- Sleeping bag tightly packed in a stuff sack (NOT in plastic bag), pillow and a twin sheet to cover the mattress.
- Bath towels, washcloth, personal toiletries, extra glasses/contacts, and personal medication.
- Nalgene or other refillable water bottle
- Limited amount of spending money (traveler’s checks prevent theft ~$125) enough to buy 1 road lunch, 1 dinner, snacks
- Flashlight/headlamp, journal, pen, reading materials
THINGS TO BRING- Required for Work Sites
- Informal work clothes: long pants, and lots of T-shirts, socks, and underwear. Think in terms of layered dressing for work (long sleeve t-shirts, fleece, sweatshirts, jacket, raincoat). Respect conservative dress code.
- Sturdy heavy soled work shoes or boots and a pair of sneakers (must have an extra pair of shoes in case it’s rainy/muddy etc.
THINGS NOT TO BRING
- Large stereos, TVs, valuable jewelry/items or excess money, knives, weapons of any kind
HOW TO PACK
· You only need to pack one bag, which will go in the cargo van on Friday night. Optionally you can also bring a small (emphasis on small) backpack in the van for whatever you may need during the one day drive.