South Church offers families a multitude of experiences and opportunities. You don’t need to be a member or have ever stepped in our doors to participate in our community and work! You are invited to join us for any or all of it. Many programs start in the fall, but don’t let that stop you. You are welcome any time!
Want to know more? Reach out to Jenn our Minister of Youth and Families at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Sundays, you can find our littlest ones in our professionally staffed nursery. For children that prefer to stay close during worship, they are always welcome to stay in the Sanctuary.
- On Wednesdays or Thursdays, children ages 0-5 can enjoy music and movement with a parent or caregiver at our free Cherub Choir music classes Wed 4-4:45pm or Thurs 11-11:45am
- Throughout the year, we host Young Family Pizza nights and Parents’ Night Out babysitting events.
- On Sundays, during worship, our young friends are invited one of five different grades of Sunday School classes.
- Young singers in grades K – 5, meet weekly for 45 minutes of singing and games, exploring what it means to make music in a fun, energetic, and welcoming environment in our free Carol Choir music class Wed 5-5:45pm
- On Wednesdays or Thursdays, children ages 0-5 enjoy music and movement with a parent or caregiver at our free Cherub Choir music classes Wed 4-4:45pm or Thurs 11-11:45am
- Throughout the year, we host child-appropriate service opportunities, young family pizza nights, and Parents’ Night Out babysitting opportunities.
Middle & High School:
- Our youth groups meet once a week for fun, relaxation, and reflection.
- Middle School youth group Wed 7:00-8:30pm
- High School youth group Sun 4:00-6:00pm
- Youth Choir gathers weekly to sing a wide variety of inspirational music, including (but not limited to) rounds, world folk music, traditional spirituals, pop and show tunes Thurs 4:30-5:30pm
- 9th graders are invited to explore Confirmation through monthly meetings that include retreats and service opportunities.
- April school vacation week brings our youth mission trip to Virginia. We send an enthusiastic group of well-prepared and hardworking high school youth and adults to repair homes of the rural families, migrants, and elderly.
- During Summer of Service day camp, kids spend one of three weeks engaging in hands-on local service projects. Older high schoolers serve as counselors for the program.